: Photograph of the Parker Covered Bridge, located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The bridge was built in 1873 over the Sandusky River. It spans 182 feet across, and thanks to its crossed "X" design has withstood the area's normal rural traffic for over 100 years. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas.
View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07766 Subjects
: Ohio Economy--Architecture and Engineering; Covered bridges--Ohio; Sandusky River; Photographers--Ohio; Wyandot County (Ohio) Places
: Wyandot County (Ohio)