: Reber Hotel in Upper Sandusky, Ohio, during a patriotic celebration, possibly Independence Day. Originally constructed by W. W. Bates in 1848, the hotel building had gone through several proprietors and name changes before Albert Reber purchased it around 1900 and renamed it the Reber Hotel, also sometimes referred to as the Reber House. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07772 Subjects
: Ohio Economy--Architecture and Engineering; Historic buildings--Ohio; Photographers--Ohio; Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Hotels; Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)