: Hocking Valley railroad depot in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. The Hocking Valley Railway was an Ohio railroad with a main line connecting Toledo and Athens via Columbus. The company was a continuation of the Mineral Railroad (1864), with the name Columbus and Hocking Valley Railroad adopted in June 1867. The main line opened for business in 1869. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL07783 Subjects
: Ohio Economy--Transportation and Development; Railroad stations Ohio; Railroads--Ohio; Photographers--Ohio; Upper Sandusky (Ohio) Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)