: Map of Columbus titled "City of Columbus Franklin County Ohio," 1856. Beneath the title is "Surveyed & Published by Hart & Mapother, Civil Engineers. N.W. cor. of Trinity Pl. & Thames St. N.Y." Inset illustrations include the Ohio Statehouse, the residence of W.A. Gill, Franklin County courts and offices, the residence of Dr. J.W. Baker, Starling Medical College, and the Esther Institute. Other notable Columbus locations include the Ohio Institution for the Blind, Goodale Park, the Ohio Penitentiary, the Ohio Lunatic Asylum, the Franklin County Infirmary, the Capitol, and the State Fairground (southwest of Franklinton). Five separate "ward" are also identified by color around the central part of the city. Wards are subdivisions of a city or other locality, often designated for electoral purposes. View on Ohio Memory.
: VFM0112_2_1 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--19th century; Maps--Ohio; Ohio History--Settlement and Early Statehood; Capitals; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)