: Photograph showing the right, front-side of the Ohio Statehouse. The description located on the back of the photograph reads: "State Capitol - from right front Nov 1, 1945."
The photograph belongs to the Columbus Citizen-Journal Photograph Collection. On November 9, 1959, the Columbus Citizen and the Ohio State Journal merged to form the Columbus Citizen-Journal, a morning paper. With this merger, the Ohio State Journal, which began in 1811 as the Western Intelligencer, suspended publication. The collection consists of 24,006 black-and-white photographs of various sizes and dates ranging from 1912 to 1984, which were either used in the paper itself or for research purposes in the interest of composing a piece. View on Ohio Memory.
: P339_B11_F03_01_01 Subjects
: Newspapers; Buildings; Statehouse--Ohio; Local government--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)