: Photograph showing a statue of Christopher Columbus and three onlookers. The description on the back identifies (left to right): Clyde McBee, Assistant Manager of the Chamber of Commerce, Les Seringer, Mayor's Executive Assistance, and Luigi Ferrari. Unveiled in 1955, this 20-foot-tall statue of Columbus was a gift to the city of Columbus, Ohio, from the explorer's hometown of Genoa, Italy. It stood along West Broad in front of Columbus City Hall until its removal on July 1, 2020.
The photograph belongs to the Columbus Citizen-Journal Photograph Collection. View on Ohio Memory.
: P339_B17_001_01 Subjects
: Statues; Memorials -- Ohio; Politicians; Monuments; Parks; Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc. Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)