: Photograph showing an office interior at the Educational Printing House, located at Front and Fulton Streets in Columbus, Ohio, 1936. The office was built by
Elford, Inc. a construction company founded in 1910 in Columbus by Edward "Pop" Elford. Edward's son Harold joined the firm in 1923 and the company began to expand. Under Harold's leadership, the company built twelve facilities at Ohio State University, and completed over thirty construction projects for Battelle Memorial Institute. The company went onto build a wide variety of buildings including banks, churches, hospitals, hotels/motels, offices and rental buildings. Significant examples of their work include the Harding Memorial, St. Stephen's Church, and the Dublin (Ohio) Bridge. View on Ohio Memory.
: P390B03F12_001 Subjects
: Construction industry--Ohio; Architecture--Ohio; Office buildings; Printing industry and trade--Ohio; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)