: Photograph of the library and office of the Archaeology Department of the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society when it was housed in Page Hall on the Ohio State University campus, 1905. This was the south central room on the second floor of Page Hall. Formed in 1885 as the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society, the organization eventually became known as the Ohio Historical Society and is now called the Ohio History Connection. Originally the society’s collections were held at the Ohio Statehouse in downtown Columbus, but in 1894, they were moved to Orton Hall on the Ohio State campus. The organization and its museum remained on campus, housed first in Page Hall and then in Sullivant Hall, until 1970, when they moved to their present location adjacent to the Ohio State Fairgrounds. As of 2014, Page Hall is home to the John Glenn School of Public Affairs. View on Ohio Memory.
: SC4489_001 Subjects
: Ohio State University--History; Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society; Museum exhibits; Archaeology; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)