: Photograph of the Red Cross Luncheon of the Clinton League, held at the St. James Guild Room in celebration of the League's first anniversary as a Red Cross unit. Members of the group are identified by name in an accompanying caption as follows. "Below--Mrs. Nelson, Mrs. Shaw, Miss Jones, Miss Taylor, Mrs. Oman, Mrs. S.D. Wood, Mrs. Ireland (Pres. City. Fed.), Mrs. Snively, Mrs. Fred Jones, Mrs. R.V. Whitaker, Van Horn, Mrs. Clark, Mrs. Harrison, Mrs. Foster,--? Middle--Mrs. Laeffler, Kinkead, Delzell, Gatewood, L.D. Whitaker, Mrs. McCoy--? Miss Livia Evans, Mrs. Greubler. Standing--Mrs. Cottrell, Mrs. Gorrell, Mrs. Hayes Jones, Mrs. Riegel, Mrs. Floyd Ward, Miss Younge, Mrs. Killetts, Mrs. H.C. Marshall, Mrs. Lehman, Mrs. Austin, Mrs. Crist, Miss Leah Webber, Mrs. O'Hara, Mrs. Legg, Mrs. Thomas, Mrs. Pierson, Mrs. Parsons, Mrs. Daniel, Mrs. Bowman (Mrs. Davidson stands back of Mrs. Thomas. Mrs Burbacher back of Mrs. Pierson). Children in the picture are (left to right)--Eillene Delzell, Ellen Davidson, Helen McCoy." This image was included in a "Memory Book" compiled by Mrs. H. V. Cottrell, historian for the Clinton League (sometimes called the Clinton Welfare League) from 1938-1943. The book shows the development of the Clintonville neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio, and records the history of the League. The Clinton League was a women's group founded in 1912 to promote child welfare and later general welfare in Columbus, but which was based in and primarily focused on the area of Clintonville. View on Ohio Memory.
: P285_MB1_155 Subjects
: Clintonville (Ohio); Clinton League; Women--Charities; American Red Cross; World War, 1914-1918--Women--United States; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)