: The photograph shows buildings identified as the Shealy and Stephan Lumberyard sitting behind two railroad tracks. The railroad crossing gates are up to allow traffic to cross. Charles F. Shealy and Edwin F. Stephan were partners in the lumber business until 1911, when Shealy sold his portion to Stephan. Stephan continued the business as the Stephan Lumber Company. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a traveling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas.
View on Ohio Memory.
: AV30_B05F05_49 Subjects
: Railroads; Lumber industry; Business enterprises--Ohio Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)