: This is a photographic reproduction of a handdrawn map of New Harmony, Indiana on the front, and Harmony, Pennsylvania on the reverse. Drawn by Eusebius Bohm ca. 1825, the maps include streets, buildings, a river, and notations written in German. The Harmony Society was a Lutheran, German separatist group from Wurttemberg which first settled in Butler County, Pennsylvania, in 1804, led by pietist Johann Georg Rapp. but then moved to Posey County, Indiana, and finally established a permanent settlement in Economy, Pennsylvania in 1824. View on Ohio Memory.
: OVS0750_1 Subjects
: Maps; Religious societies; Communal Societies; Religion in Ohio; Separatists Places
: New Harmony (Indiana); Harmony (Pennsylvania)