: Taken between 1905 and 1930, this photograph shows the electric railway station on Spring Street in Columbus, Ohio, bordering the Scioto River. This photograph is part of the Columbus Railway, Power, and Light Company collection, consisting of 53 glass plate negatives with images related to the Columbus Railway, Power and Light Company in Columbus, Ohio. In the mid to late nineteenth century, there were many power and streetcar companies in Columbus, Ohio. These companies eventually merged into four main companies, and by 1914 all the remaining companies merged to form the Columbus Railway, Power and Light Company. In 1933, with 1,509 employees, the company was the largest employer in Columbus, Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV118_B02F11_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio); Ohio economy--Transportation and development; City and town life; Railroad stations; Scioto River (Ohio) Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)