: Dated to the 1890s, this is an advertisement for G. W. Kumler's store, located at the corner of Main and Market Streets in Basil, Ohio, which is now part of the village of Baltimore, Ohio. The store sold clothing, shoes, dry goods, hardware, and carpets. In addition to operating this general merchandise store for 37 years, George W. Kumler (1845-1916) is credited as being principal of Basil's first independent school from 1871-1875, and serving as township clerk, township treasurer, and district school director. View on Ohio Memory.
: OVS1837 Subjects
: Advertisements; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business; Clothing and dress; Dress accessories; Shoes Places
: Basil (Ohio); Fairfield County (Ohio)