: Dated 1895, this is an advertisement from The Specialty Glass Co. in East Liverpool, Ohio, for their Crystal Pennova Ware. The Specialty Glass Co. manufactured blown, pressed, cut, and engraved tableware. The company was founded in 1882, but was not prosperous until 1888. Because the Ohio Gas Company could not provide sufficient gas supplies, glass production stopped several times throughout the 1890s, and the company also fought the city for a railroad from the city streets to the plant. By 1897, the company decided to leave the city due to the lack of cooperation with the city council, but in 1898 the plant caught fire and burned down and the decision was made to not rebuild. View on Ohio Memory.
: OVS4253 Subjects
: Glass industry; Glassware; Tableware; Advertisements; Ohio Economy Places
: East Liverpool (Ohio); Columbiana County (Ohio)