: Three women converse outside The Union, a department store located at 130 South High Street in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Built in 1894 by S. M. Levy, the store specialized in men's, women's and children's clothing. The sign behind the women declares that The Union is the "Home of Quality."
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B04F093_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Downtowns; Department stores; Older women Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)