: Two men adjust the ladder at the side of a two-story house. One man is standing on the roof of the house, while the other man is steadying the ladder from the neighbor's yard next door. Located at 1636 South High Street in Columbus, Ohio, the house is a wooden structure with white pillars on the porch. A large white outbuilding, trees and shrubs, and the neighbor's house are also visible in the photograph.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B03F067_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Dwellings; Housework and chores Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)