: A man identified as Richard Hollenback stands in the snow beside a traffic signal on the corner of North High Street and Hollenback Drive. Across the street, a flag flies in front of the entrance to Whetstone Park and the Columbus Park of Roses. Opened in 1953, the Park of Roses is one of the largest municipal rose gardens in the United States.
The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV254_B13F342_01 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Clintonville (Ohio); Traffic signs and signals; Parks; Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)