Fraternal Order of Eagles building photograph   Save
Fraternal Order of Eagles building photograph
Description: Photograph showing the Fraternal Order of Eagles building and Eagles Club, located at 989-991 North High Street in the Short North neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio. An older man in a shirt and tie looks out the window, directly beneath a hanging American flag. The Fraternal Order of Eagles is a fraternal organization founded in 1898, whose lodges are known as "Aeries." The High Street Photograph Collection is comprised of over 400 photographs of High Street in Columbus, Ohio, taken in the early 1970s. These photographs were taken primarily at street level and document people and the built environment from the Pontifical College Josephinum on North High Street in Worthington through Clintonville, the University District and Short North, Downtown and South Columbus. The photographs were used in a television photo documentary that aired on WOSU called "High Street." Photographers that were involved in this project were Alfred Clarke, Carol Hibbs Kight, Darrell Muething, Clayton K. Lowe, and Julius Foris, Jr. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV254_B08F221_01
Subjects: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Street photography; Short North (Columbus, Ohio); Fraternal orders; Pedestrians
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)