Archaeology exhibit at Ohio State Museum   Save
Archaeology exhibit at Ohio State Museum
Description: Photograph of the Hopewell exhibit at the Ohio State Museum in Sullivant Hall, the former home of the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society in Columbus, Ohio. Formed in 1885 as the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society, the organization was later renamed the Ohio Historical Society and is now called the Ohio History Connection. Originally the society’s collections were held at the Ohio Statehouse in downtown Columbus, but in 1894, they were moved to Orton Hall on the Ohio State campus. The organization and its museum remained on campus, housed first in Page Hall and then in Sullivant Hall, until 1970, when they moved to their present location adjacent to the Ohio State Fairgrounds. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AV17_B10F01_1496
Subjects: Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society; Ohio State University--History; Museum exhibits; Archaeology
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)