: This postcard shows the public square in Bucyrus, Ohio, around the advent of the automobile, ca. 1910-1920. A streetcar can be seen crossing through the center of the square, which is lined with businesses and public buildings. Cars and horse-drawn carriages are parked on either side of the scene. Bucyrus is the county seat of Crawford County, and was established as a village in 1822. The public square served as a center of town life and commerce. View on Ohio Memory.
: SC491_02 Subjects
: Bucyrus (Ohio)--History--Pictorial works; Streets--Ohio; Transportation--Ohio--History; Cities and towns; Places
: Bucyrus (Ohio); Crawford County (Ohio)