Columbus Boychoir School photograph   Save
Columbus Citizen-Journal Photograph Collection
Description: Photograph showing a historic building located at 812 East Broad Street in Columbus, Ohio, from the Columbus Citizen-Journal Collection. Captions on the reverse of the image identify it as both the "Home of the Columbus Boychoir School" and Red Cross Headquarters, while the sign seen in the photograph reads "The Women's Exchange Center." The Columbus Boychoir was founded in 1937 and affiliated with the nearby Broad Street Presbyterian Church. The school opened in 1940, and in 1946, moved to the property pictured here, which had previously been operated as R. E. Jones Undertakers and the Women's Exchange Center, an antique and consignment shop, and later served as the Columbus Regional Blood Center. The residential children's choir program was relocated to New Jersey in 1950 and later renamed the American Boychoir School. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: P339_B11F15_01_01
Subjects: Columbus (Ohio)--History--20th century; Historic buildings; Children--Ohio; Choirs (Music); Schools;
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)