: This photograph shows the Governor's Cabinet Room after the 1973 renovation of the Ohio Statehouse. A portrait of Edward Tiffin, Ohio's first governor, is on wall and the Great Seal of the State of Ohio is applied to the table. The photograph measures 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm). The Ohio statehouse was built between 1839 and 1861 in the Greek Revival style, resembling the Parthenon in Greece. Seven architects worked on the project. The most notable is Nathan B. Kelly, who modified the building's plans to include heating and ventilation systems. Prisoners at the Ohio Penitentiary were used to complete portions of the construction of the building. View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3149_3780138_004 Subjects
: Architecture; Ohio Government; Capitols; Governors; State seals Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)