: Two 2.75" x 2.75" (6.99 x 6.99 cm) images show Old Man's Cave in Hocking Hills State Park in Hocking County. Old Man's Cave is named for Richard Rowe, a hermit who moved to the Ohio Valley in 1796 and lived in the cave. A second photograph shows visitors near Cedar Falls. Early settlers named the site Cedar Falls, mistaking the hemlock trees that surround the falls for cedars. In 1924, the state of Ohio purchased 146 acres in the Hocking Hills that became Hocking Hills State Park in 1949. In 1972, the park added a dining lodge and cabins. Hocking Hills State Park is known for its geologic features of blackhand sandstone, including Old Man's Cave, Cedar Falls, and Rock House. View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3018_3634242_004 Subjects
: Geography and Natural Resources; Caves; Parks; Tourists; State parks & reserves Places
: South Logan (Ohio); Hocking County (Ohio)