: This 1960s photograph shows Fawcett Stadium and the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame opened on September 7, 1963. The facility was expanded in 1971, nearly doubling in size. By the end of the twentieth century the museum expanded two more times and drew crowds of 200,000 people annually. This photograph measures 2.75" x 2.75" (6.99 x 6.99 cm). John A. Fawcett Stadium, named for a member of the Canton Board of Education, was completed in 1939. At the time it was the largest high school stadium in the United States. The stadium was renovated in 1997. Five teams call the field home: Glen Oak, McKinley, and Timken high schools, Malone College, and Walsh University. View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3048_3655556_001 Subjects
: Sports; Architecture; Football; Football players; Athletes; Pro Football Hall of Fame (U.S.); Stadiums; Schools Places
: Canton (Ohio); Stark County (Ohio)