: These photographs of a staff member bottle-feeding a young orangutan at the Toledo Zoo were taken in July 1968. The Toledo Zoological Gardens was created in 1900, when a woodchuck was donated to the Toledo Parks Board. By 1999, the zoo had grown to include the first-ever Hippoquarium and exhibits focusing on the African Savanna and the Kingdom of the Apes. In 1999, the zoo attracted more than a million visitors. The slides measure 2" x 2" (5.08 x 5.08 cm). View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3056_3659973_005 Subjects
: Arts and Entertainment; Plants and Animals; Zoos; Orangutans; Apes Places
: Toledo (Ohio); Lucas County (Ohio)