: This image shows the front facade of the Pike County Courthouse. During the 1830s a local citizen swayed voters to move the county seat of Pike County from Piketon to Waverly, and subsequently a new courthouse was constructed from 1865 to 1866. The eclectic two-story brick building was placed in the city's business district. A later three-story addition in 1909 significantly increased the front of the building whose main feature is a large Palladian window. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F05_396 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; arches; arcades (structural assemblies) Places
: Waverly (Ohio); Pike County (Ohio); 100 E. 2nd