: The present Pickaway County courthouse was completed in 1890 by architects Frank Weary and George Washington Kramer. It is the county's third courthouse and was built on the foundations of its predecessor. The clock tower had to be offset to the side because the old foundation was too weak to support the tower's original placement in the center. In front of the courthouse is a Civil War Memorial made out of a column from the 1847 courthouse. This image shows the building's cornerstone. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F05_393 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; clock towers; bell towers Places
: Circleville (Ohio); Pickaway County (Ohio); 207 S. Court St.