: This image shows the front facade of the Allen County Courthouse. The present courthouse is Allen County's third since its inception in 1832. It was built from 1881-1884 at a cost of $360,000. The building, designed by architect George Maetzel, is an elaborate French Second Empire Style. Mansard-roofed towers frame it with a projecting entrance pavilion located in the center. The Justice Center, a complex built in 1990 containing a jail, courts, and sheriff offices, is located just north of the courthouse and is connected by an overhead walkway. The seamless blending of the two buildings creates an impressive complex for the citizens of Allen County. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F01_010 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; mansard roofs; bell towers; arches; stringcourses; quoins; National Register of Historic Places Places
: Lima (Ohio); Allen County (Ohio); 301 N. Main St.