: This image shows the cornerstone of the Ashland County Courthouse. The present courthouse, built by architect Vernon Redding from 1928-1929, sits on the site of the original 1853 courthouse. The simple Neoclassical facade of the stone courthouse with its flat roof and pilasters is in marked contrast to the interior lobby's elaborate coffered ceiling, marble walls and staircase, and impressive skylight. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F01_014 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; pilasters; entablatures; casement windows; statues; inscriptions; Neoclassical Places
: Ashland (Ohio); Ashland County (Ohio); 142 W. 2nd St.