: This image shows the front entrance of the Lorain County Courthouse. Construction on this Renaissance Revival building was completed in 1881. It is made of Amherst sandstone and is identical to the courthouse in Marion, Indiana, which was built at the same time. The central dome of the courthouse was removed in 1943. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F04_283 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; pilasters; balustrades; pediments; bays (building divisions); porticoes; pavilions (building divisions); cornices; Renaissance Revival Places
: Elyria (Ohio); Lorain County (Ohio); 308 2nd St.