: This image shows the rear facade of the Lawrence County Courthouse. This Neoclassical building sits at the top of the hill near downtown Ironton and has a Ionic pilasters, pedimented doors and a dome. During the 19th century, Lawrence County was the center of the Hanging Rock Iron Region, which produced some of the world's best iron. In honor of this, a stone replica of an iron furnace sits on the courthouse grounds. Also depicted is a Statue of Liberty which was dedicated in 1951. It was one statue in a series established by the Boy Scouts of America in a "Crusade to Strengthen Liberty." View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F04_260 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; Statues--Ohio; pilasters; pediments; domes (architectural elements); Neoclassical Places
: Ironton (Ohio); Lawrence County (Ohio); 1 Veterans Square