: This image shows the front facade of the Fulton County Courthouse. In 1869, the residents of Fulton County passed an "enabling" act that moved the county seat from Ottokee to Wauseon. Though Ottokee was more centrally located, Wauseon had a larger population and more business, making it an appropriate location for the county seat. The act stipulated that private residents had to pay $5,000 of the total estimated building costs of $25,000. The result was the present Italianate style courthouse completed in 1872 by architect C.C. Miller, complete with murals, hand-carved woodwork, and a stained glass dome. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F02_152 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; clock towers; belfries (equipment spaces); arches; domes (architectural elements); mural paintings (visual works); Italianate (North American architecture styles) Places
: Wauseon (Ohio); Fulton County (Ohio); 210 S. Fulton St.