: The Hamilton County Courthouse was constructed on the same site as the county’s two previous courthouses. It has seven separate entrances and was built using inflammable materials after an earlier building was destroyed by a fire during the riot of 1884. President William Howard Taft laid the cornerstone for the building in 1915. The structure was designed by James McLaughlin, who also designed the Cincinnati Art Museum. This image shows the cornerstone of the building. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F03_185 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; colonnades; Neoclassical Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio); 1000 Main St.