Columbus pictorial map, 1872   Save
Columbus pictorial map, 1872
Description: Birds Eye View of Columbus, Ohio by Caldwell & Gould civil engineers. Drawn by H.H. & O.H. Bailey. Printed by Strobridge & Co. Lith. Cincinnati. O. Published by Fowler & Bailey The statehouse, Union Station, and the Scioto River are prominent features of 19th century Columbus. View extends from the penitentiary and Goodale Park in the North to German Village in the South, and from Franklinton in the West to The Ohio State School for the Deaf in the East. An *asterisk* indicates the building stands today. Legend along left: 1 Capitol *Broad & High* 2 U.S. Arsenal 3 State Arsenal 4 Blind Asylum 5 Deaf and Dumb Asylum *East Town Street* 6 Penitentiary 7 Medical Institute 8 Courthouse 9 City Hall 10 High School 11 Public Schools 12 Goodale Park 13 Hannah Neil Mission 14 John L. Gill's Car & Car and Agricultural Works CHURCHES 15 Baptist 16 Cathedral (Catholic) *East Broad & Fifth Street* 17 Church of the Holy Cross (Catholic) 18 St. Patrick's (Catholic) 19 Town Street (Methodist) 20 Bigelow Chapel (Methodist) 21 German (Methodist) 22 Wesley Chapel (Methodist) 23 Congregational *South Third Street* 24 Presbyterian 25 Presbyterian 26 St. Paul's Lutheran 27 German (Lutheran) 28 English (Lutheran) 29 Hebrew 30 Evangelical 31 Episcopal *East Broad & Third Street* View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: OVS5682
Subjects: Maps; Pictorial maps; Columbus (Ohio)--1872;
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)