: Students who were members of the first class in agriculture at Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio, ca. 1908. In 1871, Henry Solomon Lehr established Ohio Northern University in Ada as the Northwestern Ohio Normal School. Originally, the school was to just train teachers, but it soon began offering other majors designed to meet the needs of its students. To reflect this expanded curriculum, the school was renamed the Ohio Normal University in 1885. From its beginnings, the institution was coeducational. In 1903, Ohio Normal University became Ohio Northern University. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL01109 Subjects
: Agricultural education; Cultural Ohio--Education; Ohio Northern University Places
: Ada (Ohio); Hardin County (Ohio)