: Reverse reads: "The H.C. Godman Shoe company plant at Logan."
This is an external view of the H.C. Godman Shoe company plant in Logan, Ohio where workers are gathered outside.
The H.C. Godman Company was founded by Henry Clay Godman and manufactured boots and shoes in Franklin and Hocking counties.
Godman also had involvement in the Godman Guild, an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children, families, and the community since 1898. Godman donated $10,000 for their building fund which began construction in May, 1900 and was completed in November of 1900.
Amanda Bent Bolt, now Amanda Manufacturing, occupied the building in the 1970s and 1980s. Since 1999, the Columbus Washboard Co. has used the building as its manufacturing facility. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B07F11_014_1 Subjects
: Shoe industry--1920-1930; Godman, Henry C.; Shoe industry--Ohio.; Works Progress Administration of Ohio (U.S.) Places
: Logan (Ohio); Hocking County (Ohio)