: Reverse reads: "Ohio Stadium, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio."
This photo depicts a stadium full of people watching the Ohio State Marching Band perform the half-time show at Ohio State Stadium in Columbus, Ohio.
The Ohio State stadium opened in 1922. It cost approximately 1.3 million dollars to build and was one of the earliest stadiums constructed of concrete. At the time of its opening, Ohio Stadium was the largest stadium west of the Allegheny Mountains. It officially could hold 66, 210 fans when it first opened, although fans routinely filled the stadium beyond capacity. The first game played in Ohio Stadium occurred on October 7, 1922, when Ohio State played Ohio Wesleyan. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F01_050_001 Subjects
: Ohio State University--Bands; Ohio State University--Football--History; Sports; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Education; Universities and colleges; Stadiums; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project. Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)