: Reverse reads: "Girls' Athletic Assc. Mingo Jct., O. HiSchool. Miller and Son, 436 Market St., Steubenville, Ohio."
This is a photograph of the Mingo Junction High School Girls' Athletic Association in Mingo Junction, Ohio. They have a baseball ball and bat, ping pong paddles, basketball, volleyball, badminton shuttlecock and racquets photographed with them.
Mingo Junction High School was dedicated in 1930. The 3-story brick building replaced the Central High School which was destroyed by fire in 1917. A new gymnasium was added in 1957.
View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F01_053_001 Subjects
: Schools--Ohio--Mingo Junction--History; Badminton (Game); Basketball for girls; Volleyball; Sports for women--United States; Athletic clubs--United States; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project. Places
: Mingo Junction (Ohio); Jefferson County (Ohio)