: Reverse reads: "Stark Co. Courthouse, Canton, O."
This is a photograph of the Stark County Courthouse in downtown Canton, Ohio. The courthouse was built in 1895 and is the third courthouse to occupy this site. It is an example of Beaux-Arts architecture and is divided into four stories, with the first story using the Roman arch as its motif.
In 1992 the courthouse went through a major renovation at a cost of $11 million dollars through a combination of funding provided by the County Commissioners and local private foundations. There was a rededication ceremony on September 16, 1995.
The courthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B13F07_001_001 Subjects
: Beaux-Arts Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Courthouses--Ohio; Canton (Ohio)--History--Pictorial works; Canton (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; National Register of Historic Places; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project. Places
: Canton (Ohio); Stark County (Ohio)