: Caption reads: "New road in Hills and Dales. The lake is hidden by trees near center."
Hills and Dales Park was originally a 297-acre gift from John Patterson, the founder of the National Cash Register Company. It was designed between 1906 and 1918 by the Olmsted Brothers landscape architecture firm, who also worked on Central Park in New York City.
Today it is owned by the city of Dayton, though its actual location is in Kettering. In 1999, 63 acres of the wooded land was leased to the Five Rivers MetroParks, and promptly named Hills and Dales MetroPark. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F09_050 Subjects
: Parks--Ohio; Dirt Roads; Landscapes; Nature; Trees; Dayton (Ohio). Division of Recreation and Parks; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio)