: Caption reads: "Church at Kinsman." The church depicted in the photo is currently known as the Kinsman Presbyterian Church, located in Kinsman, Ohio in Trumbull County. Organized in 1803 by Rev. Mr. Tate and Rev. Joseph Badger, the Hartford-Vernon-Kinsman Church served the communities of these neighboring areas until between 1823 and 1825, when separate churches were formed at Hartford and Gustavus. In 1831, Kinsman formed a separate church which came to be called the First United Congregational and Presbyterian Church. Plans were laid for a new building in 1831 through 1832, at a cost approaching four thousand dollars, with one fourth of the expenses paid by Mrs. Rebecca Kinsman. Worship services were first held in the new building in August 1833. Designed by master architect William Smith, the church was modeled after a church in New Haven, Connecticut called the Old North Church. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F06_026 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Religion in Ohio; Churches; Kinsman (Trumbull County, Ohio)--History--Pictorial works; Presbyterian Church--Ohio--History. Places
: Kinsman (Ohio); Trumbull County (Ohio)