: Dated June 10, 1937, this photograph shows the Avondale Synagogue in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Avondale Synagogue, also referred to as the Temple Adath Israel, is a neo-classical revival synagogue built in 1926 by Oscar Schwartz, and is currently located at 3556 Reading Road in the Avondale neighborhood of Cincinnati. Due to a growing congregation, the synagogue moved from Avondale to Amberley and the building has been home to Southern Baptist Church since 1963.
View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F08_003 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Schwartz, Oscar, fl. 1916-1931; Architecture; Synagogues; Religion in Ohio Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)