: The Cincinnati Sanitarium was located in the College Hill neighborhood. Three doctors established the Sanitarium because they saw a need for a private care psychatric facility. Patients were treated for mental illness as well as alcohol and opium addictions. The 32-acre property was purchased from the Ohio Female College in 1873 and was used as the Sanitarium until 1956 when it became the Emerson A. North Hospital. Today the property is home to the Cincinnati Children's College Hill Campus, a hospital that treats mental illness for children and adolescents. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F09_035_001 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Hospitals--History--Ohio; Medicine; Sanitariums; Public health--Ohio--Cincinnati. Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)