: This Gothic Revival home in Gambier currently houses the Kenyon Review, an influential and honored literary magazine. The Kenyon Review was established in 1938 after the president of Kenyon College, Gordon Keith Chalmers, brought John Crowe Ransom, a distinguished poet and critic, to Gambier Hill.
Before housing the Kenyon Review, the home was called the Peter Neff Cottage and was used as the home of Kenyon College's Deans of Students. The home was renamed to honor John L. and Mary C. Finn, whose son, James, was a Kenyon Review trustee who provided the funding to restore the home. Peter Neff graduated from Kenyon College in 1849 and helped develop the first successful tintype photographs in America and was later involved in the oil and gas business in eastern Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F11_029 Subjects
: Architecture; Education; Universities and colleges; Kenyon College Places
: Gambier (Ohio); Knox County (Ohio)