: Caption reads "Covered bridge over Big Walnut Creek, 2 mi. South of Galena." This bridge, along with two others, was built in Genoa Township during the 1800s as a way to bring market products and supplies into the town. It was located at the intersection of Yankee Street and Sunbury Road. This bridge was destroyed by a truck carrying a load of coal. Genoa Township was settled beside Big Walnut Creek starting in 1806 when Jeremiah Curtiss moved to this area and built a sawmill, gristmill and a still beside the creek. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F18_001 Subjects
: Covered bridges--Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Big Walnut Creek (Ohio) Places
: Delaware County (Ohio); Genoa Township (Ohio)