: Plum Street Temple, now called the Isaac M. Wise temple, is located at 720 Plum Street at the corner of Eighth Street in Cincinnati, Ohio. Designed by architect James Keys Wilson, the first president of the Cincinnati Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, it is one of only two American temples built in the Byzantine-Moorish (or Byzantine-Saracenic) style, a Germanic style that combined Neo-Byzantine with Moorish Revival. The facade was copied from the Leopoldstadter Tempel in Vienna, Austria.. The building, completed in 1866, is one of the oldest synagogues still standing in the United States and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F09_040 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc; Synagogues--Ohio--Cincinnati ; Wilson, James Keys, 1828-1894 ; Wise, Isaac Mayer, 1819-1900 Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)