: Wesley Chapel, Fifth Street between Broadway and Sycamore, demolished 1972. Red brick Georgian revival structure in imitation of John Wesley's original chapel in London. Once the largest meeting place west of the Allegheny Mountains, chapel held the funeral of William Henry Harrison.
Marker in pediment reads: "Methodist Episcopal Church erected 18-1" Sign at right reads: "The church's one foundation is Jesus Christ her lord 10:45 7:45" Reverse reads: "Cinci., O. Sept. 1937 Methodist Episcopal Church Wesley Chapel." View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B02F15_033 Subjects
: Methodist Episcopal Church; Church buildings--Ohio; Cincinnati (Ohio)--History; Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)