: Reverse reads "Cinci., O., Sept. 1937. Ida St. Viaduct & Rookwood Pottery
The Rookwood Pottery, conceived by Maria Longworth Nichols and named after the Longworth estate, produced its first pottery in 1880. The factory moved to the Mt. Adams location in 1891. After prosperity in the 1920s, the company did not fare well during the Great Depression, and was sold to Walter Schott in 1941. The company moved to Starkville, Mississippi in 1960 and closed in 1967.
The Art Deco style Ida Street Viaduct was built for $100,000 in 1931, under the technical supervision of structural engineer J.R. Biedlinger. The reinforced concrete bridge, located on Ida St. between Monastery and Paradrome Streets, was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on November 28, 1980. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B03F08_002_1 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Viaducts--Ohio; Rookwood Pottery Company; National Register of Historic Places Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)