: Located 1000 Main St. at Central Parkway, downtown Cincinnati, the 1919 structure here visible replaced a courthouse on the same site. Isaiah Rogers proposed a domed courthouse for Cincinnati in 1851; taken over by James Keys Wilson and William Walter, it was completed in the mid-1850s, without the dome. Riots in March 1884 over a corrupt judiciary and slack sentencing ended in the deaths of 45 people; fire damaged the courthouse. Although the interior has been extensively remodeled over the years, the lobby and library have been beautifully restored.
Reverse reads: "Court house from Main st. side, angle shot" View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B03F12_008_1 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Rogers, Isaiah, 1800-1869 ; Wilson, James Keys, 1828-1894 Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)