: This is a photo of the old U.S. Post Office and Courthouse in Columbus.
The U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, sometimes referred to as the Federal Building, is located at 85 Marconi Boulevard at the corner of Gay Street. Completed in 1934, it is the Federal Government’s contribution to the civic center. It occupies a triangular tract on the east bank of the Scioto River, and housed the main post office, Federal courts and offices, and the U.S. Weather Bureau station. The 4-story building is of sandstone and marble construction, with classic lines. Richards, McCarty & Bulford, of Columbus, designed the structure, which cost almost $1,800,000 to build. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B11F05_18_001 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Post offices; Courthouses--Ohio--History. Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)